Wednesday, May 19, 2010

old friend



Hello old friend. It’s been a while.

I know I said I didn’t want to see you anymore.

But these empty hands make me nervous.


I gave you away.

I’ll admit I felt better.

But I just don’t know who I am without you.


You keep me stuck, but I feel secure.

Come here.

Just for a moment.


My how you’ve grown.

You were tiny a second ago.

I think I changed my mind.


Go away. You’re scaring me.

I don’t think I want you anymore.

Please leave.


Oh no. You’re still here.

And you’re bigger now.

How could I ever give you my strength?


You’re right. I can’t fight.

I’m not strong enough.

But wait.


I know a Lion. And He’s bigger than you.

And he’s prettier, too.

I remember now!


He’s beat you before. Lots of times.

How could I forget?

I guess it’s been a while since you and I last met.


Well that’s it, old friend. The Lion is coming.

Hopefully it will be longer this time, before I think I need you.

Maybe never.


He’s here.

He always comes.

Goodbye, old friend.

No comments: